1. What happened to those kids? Scott McCall, protector of the young, apparantly dropped them off somewhere (with what car, by the way?), but then what? Did they go home and said “Hey dad, we were chasing fireflies (which aren’t supposed to glow here in California by the way, did you know?) and this huge dude with fangs came after us and we hid in a shed and he huffed and he puffed and he threw the shed away and we ran and then we ran into this other dude who took us home”? Because if so, I want that as a deleted scene when they release the DVD, that would be awesome, thank you.
2. Parkour wolves! Team Free Running!
3. Lydia was doing a whole lot of screaming in this episode … yet this is my favourite episode with her so far. She puts words to all my questions about the show, and before I got the chance to be annoyed, even! “Of course you didn’t hear me since you didn’t hear me scream just now” and “I already called 911” and “Why did you follow me home, I had a police escort” (when I asked myself if no one heard her scream, or why she called Stiles when she should have called the police or if the police are so incompetent that they let Stiles take Lydia home after she found a body). So yay, thank you Lydia, you imperfect but badass independent queen of a person, you.
4. That quick flashback when Derek held Erica’s body in his arms, OMG feels! Poor thing. Damn you show, HASN’T HE BEEN TORTURED ENOUGH!?
5. Wohoo, lesbians! … wait what? EWW bugs!!
6. WHAT IS THIS SHIT!??! AAAARGH!!
7. The eggs. Mr Argent drops the eggs. He sighs. So far, all is normal. Then he picks up the bag with the eggs and throws them into the trunk without checking the eggs. Who DOES that? You CHECK the eggs before putting it in your CAR, man. Eggs are difficult to clean from soft surfaces, man. You should at least have been careful setting the bag down. Tsk tsk tsk, you may know a lot about hunting but you suck at grocery shopping.
8. “There’s no one in the school at night, is there?” Yeah, not after the janitor was killed in season 1; you’re all set.
9. OMG Stiles what are you doing, you’re crying, why are you crying, what is plot? I don’t care what’s going on, there is a Stiles on my screen and he has tears in his eyes and his face is doing things so … wait, I’m sorry, what? What is happening? Virgin sacrifices? Really? Okay, fandom, I expect so many fanfics on this theme now …
10. And in response to my question in #4; no, apparantly Derek HASN’T been tortured enough. Come on, man, you’re stronger than this. Surely you can kick them away from you? And surely, if they wanted to KILL you (like the blood-happy beasts they were supposed to be in this episode) they’d have gone for the throat in stead of slashing up your fine body? Which leads me to 11:
11. Ms Blake. Now, I ask myself, what would I have done if I’d been trapped in a (HUGE, by the looks of things) boiler room with two werewolves and seen a fight to the death (well almost) and this guy walks up to me, looking a bit like angsty minced meat, and reaching out for me? I sure as hell wouldn’t take his hand shyly and be all silent and damsel-rescued-from-distress! There would have been SCREAMS OF TERROR! There would have been hyperventilating, there would have been countless questions and there would probably have been tears and the denial of reality. So I ask this: just what is the deal with Ms Blake?
Conclusion: There are no werewolves in California. Nor are there, apparantly, any glowing fireflies. There seem to be an awful lot of bugs, though (if she didn’t hallucinate that part). And virgins are being sacrificed. By … someone. Something. Where’s the Alpha pack? And why is Peter being so annoyingly all-knowing? Only time will tell …
*Heather throwing herself at Stiles*
Well FINALLY someone in the show see in Stiles what most of tumblr see in Stiles.
*Stiles coming back to the basement*
Okay, who cleaned up all the wine and broken bottles? I buy that magic threw all those bottles around, sure, but cleaning magic? REALLY? And if it wasn’t magic, it was a helluva effective cleaner. They should start a cleaning company or something. Yeah, I can’t get over this.
I can’t get over how fancy yet depressing that place is.
*Peter Hale enters Dereks’s apartment/loft*
Derek’s NOT the only Hale who likes to make an entrance, it seems …
*the “we don’t like you”-part*